[Server-devel] Collaboration unreliable 0.5

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 07:20:45 EST 2008

2008/12/16 Anna <aschoolf at gmail.com>:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 7:47 PM, David Leeming <leeming at pipolfastaem.gov.sb>
> wrote:
>> I am using USB active antenna (prototype). Has always worked well with
>> 0.4.
>
> I've used both the AA and AP's and it doesn't seem to matter as far as this
> ejabberd issue goes.

Right. My question was because I've seen _some_ models of AAs
misbehave a bit with the firmware present in 0.5. The very early AA
prototypes are subtly different -- and I've seen them reset themselves
every few hours. Later black-box prototypes and pretty-green AAs
should nothave as much trouble (and yet, I haven't tested in
thoroughly but I suspect they do get wedged sometimes).

(Fixes are hard, but are on their way - in the short term at least AAs
are not supported.)

> My user group is fairly loyal and extremely patient.

Big thanks to them and to you. I'm working today to repro and diagnose
the problem, with an Active Antenna.

Any further hints as to minimum steps to repro welcome. Have to say
your wide testing of clients guves me excellent datapoints!

thanks!

martin
 martin.langhoff at gmail.com