[Server-devel] Collaboration unreliable 0.5

David Leeming leeming at pipolfastaem.gov.sb
Mon Dec 15 20:47:59 EST 2008

Hi

I am using USB active antenna (prototype). Has always worked well with 0.4.

I concur with Anna that if you leave them connected, after considerable time
they do partially populate.

I have run olpc-netstatus on all four laptops, making first certain that:
- all are connected to School Server
- all appear in eJabberd as online users
- none appear in network neighbourhood (you can't see any on any laptop) 15
mins+ after first connected

Remember, they are all registered and running 8.2

The olpc-netstatus shows the following:

On ALL the four XOs:
- Correct m0odel, serial, MAC
- Build 767, Firmware CL1 Q2E18 Q2E
- Libertas: 5.110.22.p18
- Correct Nick, uptime
- IP msh0 172.18.10.2 (3,4,5 i.e. the four XOs)
- DNS 172.18.0.1
- Telepaphy gabble
- Jabber school.oceania.org
- XOs 2
- Essid olpc-mesh
- Channel 1
- School school.oceania.org
- Config School Mesh

Note, in eJabberd the server name is shown as schoolserver.oceania.org not
school.oceania.org and the domain name was configured on the XS as
schoolserver.oceania.org (that's also what the hostname is in the
/etc/sysconfig/network file)

David Leeming
OLPC Coordinator, SPC and Technical Advisor, People First Network
Honiara, Solomon Islands