[Server-devel] Amateurish Workaround to Get Bonding to Work With eth1

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 15:09:07 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 2:37 PM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Anna wrote:
>> ifenslave lanbond0 eth1
>>

> That's odd, the network init scripts should be doing that ifenslave
> part, I think we're missing some small option in the ifcfg-eth1 file.

I am starting to agree -- we are either seeing an issue with timing
_or_ a configuration issue. Perhaps our config for eth1 is broken.
It'd be strange since I tested it quite a bit in the run up to the
release, but it's also true that I was making subtle changes to the
very same configs.

Good news is: I can repro the problem on a machine I have here.

> Could you try adding HOTPLUG=yes to the ifcfg-eth1 file

I spotted exactly the same difference and tested it -- does not seem
to work. Hope to get to the bottom of it.

(Apologies for the delay in getting into reproduce-and-debug -- I've
had a hell of a time getting hardware I could play with for this, as
I'm not @ my usual office, city or continent ;-) )

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com