[Server-devel] XS 0.5 Second Attempt at eth1

Reuben K. Caron reuben at laptop.org
Fri Dec 5 10:31:44 EST 2008

After doing a clean install 4 times and dhcpd not starting I
investigated a bit more and I found:

When I

cd /etc/sysconfig/olpc-scripts
./domain_config xs5.org

It creates the xs_domain_name file in /etc/sysconfig/olpc-scripts/

However, /etc/sysconfig/dhcpd looks for this file in /etc/sysconfig/

When I copy /etc/sysconfig/olpc-scripts/xs_domain_name to
/etc/sysconfig/xs_domain_name; then start dhcpd it correctly generates
the config files and starts up.

For completeness I then deleted
/etc/sysconfig/olpc-scripts/xs_domain_name and
/etc/sysconfig/xs_domain_name.

Then ran: /etc/sysconfig/olpc-scripts/domain_config xs5.org ; this does
generate xs_domain_name in the correct /etc/sysconfig directory.

Reuben