[Server-devel] Debugging network scripts (from udev and explicit ifup invocation)

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Thu Aug 28 00:27:49 EDT 2008

The problem is that the network config script needs to be brought up
before networking is brought up.  And networking is brought up before
syslog is brought up.

I didn't find any solution, and instead debugged networking on already
booted systems.

I originally renamed all the interface with nice logical names, but ran
into problems (don't remember exactly) and moved back to the Fedora
standard ones.

Cheers,
wad