[Server-devel] rssh package - patch to add rsync v3 support

Russ Allbery rra at debian.org
Fri Aug 22 02:25:14 EDT 2008

"Martin Langhoff" <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> writes:

> Upstream rssh doesn't support rsync v3 because it scans the rsync
> cmdline and does not like the new "parameter" the rsync client is using
> to indicate the protocol versions it supports. I have cleaned up and
> applied the patch discussed in the rssh mailing list [1], and made a new
> srpm for it [2]. The spec file is attached.
>
> The clean up fixes the main concern from the original rssh author
> about it - that the regex is wrong. I've also fixed the comment style.
>
> To Mooch, Russ - there is no Debian bug filed for this, but thought you
> might be interested in the cleaned up patch. The rssh in lenny/sid does
> not play well with the rsync in the same distro.

I fixed this in lenny/sid quite some time ago.  Are you sure it doesn't
work for you?  It works fine for me with version 3.0.3 protocol version 30
on both ends.

The fix was in 2.3.2-6, and the corresponding Debian bug was #471803,
which you don't see because it was closed last March.

--
Russ Allbery (rra at debian.org)               <http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>