[Server-devel] rssh package - patch to add rsync v3 support

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 02:57:35 EDT 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 6:25 PM, Russ Allbery <rra at debian.org> wrote:
> I fixed this in lenny/sid quite some time ago.  Are you sure it doesn't
> work for you?  It works fine for me with version 3.0.3 protocol version 30
> on both ends.
>
> The fix was in 2.3.2-6, and the corresponding Debian bug was #471803,
> which you don't see because it was closed last March.

Ah, good that I thought of CC'ing you. I haven't seen the prob on
Debian (google found nothing) but thought you might be interested in
the problem. Following your hint, I've looked at
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/r/rssh/rssh_2.3.2-8.diff.gz
which contains the patch rssh-2.3.2/debian/patches/rsync-protocol

It looks a much better cleanup of Rob's patch than mine. So if Rahul
wants to include the patch, I'd suggest using yours instead of mine.
And avoiding divergence on these little things is always a good idea.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com