[Server-devel] Server Help

OLPC Mali maliolpc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 06:36:06 EDT 2008

Hello,
For our small pilot program in Mali, we got a FUJITSU SIEMENS PRIMERGY
ECONEL 100a Server but are having trouble getting the XOs to find the server
and connect. We're not running any versions of the XS server, should we be?
What is the XS server, I couldn't understand the explanation on the wiki
pages, is it a specific server being built by OLPC? I am not at all
technical, and the IT person we are working with has no experience with
Linux, I don't know how to help him really. The server we have is windows, I
know that it needs to be running Linux in order for it to work with the XO,
but how to do that?

Thank you,
OLPC Mali Team