[Server-devel] Need help: Testing upgrade path for xs-0.4

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 00:23:47 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 2:59 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> Brave souls out there, I need help testing the upgrade path from
> xs-0.3 (aka OLPC_XS_165) and the new xs-config I am preparing for
> xs-0.4.

I've pushed out a new rpm that fixes a couple of minor problems. You
want at least xs-config-0.3.1-1.noarch.rpm

There's a detail I forgot to mention in the upgrade procedure, so
here's the amended procedure:

  - Install the new idmgr:
   yum -v --enablerepo=olpc-testing install idmgr

  - Install the new xs-config:
   yum -v --enablerepo=olpc-testing install xs-config

  - re-run /etc/sysconfig/olpc-scripts/network_config 1
  - re-run /etc/sysconfig/olpc-scripts/domain_config <yourdomain>

With the latest pkg and this procedure I seem to end up with a setup
as good as we could hope for.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com