[Server-devel] AP with fixed IP address

David Leeming leeming at pipolfastaem.gov.sb
Tue Aug 19 15:50:56 EDT 2008

I am setting up a server using a outdoor access point from Rural Link
(www.rurallink.co.nz) at our Patukae OLPC trial school site in Solomon
Islands. It's a type that can't get an IP address from a DHCP server and on
the LAN side needs to be fixed.

Normally I have found, when setting up the XS, that if I attach a simple AP
to a second NIC using eth1, with DHCP, there is no additional configuration
required. It works by default.

In the case of my Rural Link access point, I need to fix an IP address
within the range given by the server - which presumably it also uses to
allocate addresses to the XOs.

Can anyone let me know how best to do this.

David Leeming

Technical Advisor, People First Network

P.O. Box 652, Honiara, Solomon Islands, South Pacific