[Server-devel] Ubuntu XS

Dev Mohanty dataminator at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 01:53:13 EDT 2008

Would be interesting to know more on Uruguay's Debian based XS.. any links?

Besides, if I remember correctly, I guess Tony Pearson was also part of
that team or maybe not. I have mixed feelings about the current XS
builds, guess I'd have preferred the XS being a lot more efficient and
to run out of the box then what one gets off the latest image, as I
believe a considerable amount of time has gone into it. On the other
hand am not too sure if changing to core OS would resolve anything, it's
more about getting the right packages in and getting them to function as
required.

Maybe at this point it makes sense resolving the bugs with the current
XS, instead of trying to port it to a Debian based distro. As Martin
points out the non-functional 80% kind of stands out. But then if you
guys do eventually decide to have two concurrent versions of the XS and
plan for a Debian based XS.. count me in on it. Maybe competition for
good is the need of the hour!

Cheers,
-Dev-