[Server-devel] Warning: breakage updating xs-config

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 18:36:44 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 2:53 AM, Jerry Vonau <jvonau at shaw.ca> wrote:
> You have your choice of replacements, syslog-ng or rsyslog. rsyslog is what
> get installed by default on F9.

After a quick ,rsyslog looks like a good idea. Unless anyone has a
good recommendation otherwise...

> Use /etc/sysconfig/syslog to point to a different config file, then it
> doesn't matter if the "installed" .conf file gets changed with a rpm
> upgrade, the daemon gets started with your config file.

Good trick - thanks for the pointer! I had somehow forgotten we could
do that instead of mucking with replacing the init scripts.

> Ok, I see where you want to go...

Cool. All in all, I think we'll only need the ugly git trick with a
handful of files.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com