[Server-devel] installing a school server

Joshua N Pritikin jpritikin at pobox.com
Fri Aug 8 07:20:17 EDT 2008

I finally got a reasonably fast internet connection at our school in
India (BSNL EV-DO). I would like to try to install the school server. We
have 15 XO laptops.

Just to get something working, I installed Ubuntu with
Squid/Dansguardian. I have about 200Gb of hard drive and 2G RAM. Can I
get an ext2 image of the school server and load it on a logical
partition? I prefer to store anything important on LVM+RAID1. Does the
school server understand this disk format?