[Server-devel] Setting up an XS with an AP

David Leeming leeming at pipolfastaem.gov.sb
Wed Aug 6 18:50:08 EDT 2008

Martin et al.

The settings using subnet 172.18.6.0 were advised to me by colleagues, and
when I reset the subnet in dhcpd.conf to what comes up as default on install
(172.18.0.0 etc) it is now working!!!

So the only changes I made were to set the IP address for eth1 to 172.18.0.1
and the dhcp to eth1

The AP I am using is a cheapo D-Link DWL2100AP

Once manually associated and registered with eJabberd, the XOs find the
school mesh portal automatically. I notice just as the connect, the pop-up
status info (when hovering over the connection icon on home page) says
"Unknown mesh" but then it connects and all fine.

David Leeming
OLPC Coordinator, SPC and Technical Advisor, People First Network
Honiara, Solomon Islands