[Server-devel] BOF on apachecon Amsterdam

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 20:08:00 EDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 4:22 PM, Marten Vijn <info at martenvijn.nl> wrote:
>  output:
>
>  it seems not very possible to tune the XS to multiple settings /
>  environments.
>
>  Best approach would be:
>  - find diffentent scenarios
>  - tune specific for these scenarios
>  - make choise for each scenario

Hmmmm. I find that output somewhat disappointing. I know enough about
apache internals and standard configuration hooks that I can do a
reasonable job of setting up a few configurations and choose between
them at init time, perhaps by measuring memory (which is our main
constraint wrt apache).

Any useful comments about memory handling? Apache core hackers should
know the answer to that. I guess I'll have to ask in the mailing
list...

>  I have spoken a lot of people:
>  - asked experianced developer to join GSoC / coding / testing
>  - showed many to road how join olpc anyway
>  - help of lot of make mind shift from buying a laptop do doing an
>  education project.

That's fantastic, thanks.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com