[Server-devel] high performance wifi

Marten Vijn info at martenvijn.nl
Sat Apr 12 09:16:36 EDT 2008

Hi all

Last two weeks I spend on ApacheCon eu (Amsterdam)  and worked on the
Wifi network for the conference.

We served over 480 devices during 5 days on 5 accesspoints.

This setup is floss and can be copied/modified. The hardware we used is
not required. It could be done on old Pentiun 1 hardware as well. Like
we did before in WirelessLeiden.nl (50 square km covered with wifi)

The antenna's be made locally. (google for onmi / wafeguide / biquad)
the save costs. (or buy they to save time)

more info:
http://wiki.apache.org/apachecon/WiFi

The image does work on flash and should work disk.

If you are interrested (want some more binairies in the firmware egg:
lvrouted/olsr/etc..etc) please let me know.

kind regards,
Marten

--

Marten Vijn