[Server-devel] Cutting a slice of wikipedia - CDPedia

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 20:22:32 EDT 2008

 Yesterday we had a mini-sprint with argentinian pythonistas and we
 discussed Alecu's CDPedia  which is a Python toolchain that does are
 good job of cutting a slice of wikipedia and cutting off the least
 interesting parts to make it fit. His project is here

   http://code.google.com/p/cdpedia/

 and it would be great if Alecu could explain a bit more what it does
 -- I am sure I didn't do it any justice above ;-)
 So - Alecu, meet the list, list, say hi to Alecu ;-)
 I would love to see this progress -- we definitely need something like
 this to assist the localization teams to build a good content package
 for the XS.  Are there related projects? I thought I had seen one but
 I cannot find anything now, so it was perhaps discussion about desired
 functionality?

 cheers,

 martin
  martin.langhoff at gmail.com