[Server-devel] XS server: raid 6 configuration with build 160, 161, 162 not ok

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Fri Apr 4 21:31:56 EDT 2008

Thanks for warning us.   There are places where the kickstart script
explicitly
references and formats /dev/sda.  Does the device name change when soft
RAIDed ?   I can't think of any script changes from build 150 to
build 160 that
would explain this.

Somewhat Related Note:
Disabling a default RAID at the BIOS level is one step I've had to
take on a number
of motherboards.  IIRC the installer doesn't complain (and does it's
job properly),
but when you try to boot from the system for the first time, it can't
find a boot sector.

wad