[Server-devel] Configuration Management / Bcfg2 talk last night and associated links

Danny Clark danny at laptop.org
Wed Sep 12 12:10:21 EDT 2007

There was a talk at OLPC offices last night of some interest to School
Server developers (cscott was there; I would be interested to hear his
analysis).

The talk was very ad hoc, but I may be organizing a talk series, and
if that happens I'll try to get a call-in number or other method of
people not local to the Cambridge, MA, US area to participate.

The talk was by Narayan Desai about configuration management. It looks
like there might be some good synergy between the software he wrote,
Bcfg2, and many possible use cases for the School Servers.

Here are some links to what he works on, and some stuff that got
brought up in the talk:

* Bcfg2 - http://bcfg2.org
* Bcfg2 Papers - http://bcfg2.org/wiki/Publications
* "The Arusha Project: A framework for collaborative Unix system
administration"- http://ark.sourceforge.net/papers-and-talks.html

Cheers,
--
Daniel Clark # Sys Admin, One Laptop per Child
# http://laptop.org  # http://opensysadmin.com