[Server-devel] caching software

Daniel Jared Dominguez danjared at MIT.EDU
Thu May 10 19:37:52 EDT 2007

I inquired with Roger Dingledine (arma at mit.edu) of Tor about Privoxy to
double-check whether the Privoxy people were working on caching
capabilities since we're still not completely sure what we'll be using.
He had the following reply. I looked at Polipo's website
(http://www.pps.jussieu.fr/~jch/software/polipo/), and it looks rather
promising. It even has IPv6 support; in fact, it can "bridge" between
IPv6-only and IPv4-only web clients/servers. While it's pretty
lightweight, it also has some filtering capabilities. I don't know if
it's in FC7, but it's in Debian/testing (main).

--Jared

--
Daniel Jared Dominguez
Email: danjared at mit.edu      danjared at laptop.org