[Server-devel] status of the xs repositories

John Watlington wad at laptop.org
Tue Aug 21 01:07:22 EDT 2007

Holger,
   Please use the repositories described in  http://wiki.laptop.org/
go/XS_Software_Repositories
The git tree is the definitive source, the repositories in testing/
olpc/7/ and stable/olpc/7/ will soon
reflect the head and a well-tested tag in the git tree.    Right now,
I've been building into the stable
repos as nothing is stable yet!

Each developer, or group of developers will likely have another repo
for adding the latest build of
packages they are working on or want to test against.

We need to simplify the  mirroring of the Fedora repo into the
testing/updates repo (w. notable exceptions,
like the kernel).   Transfer from testing/updates into stable/updates
will be manual...

I'm shying away from using dev.laptop.org for anything but the master
git repositories.  We recommend
using xs-dev.laptop.org for school server development.

I'm back online after a short vacation.
Cheers,
John