[Server-devel] status of the xs repositories

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Mon Aug 20 10:59:54 EDT 2007

Hi,

http://fedora.laptop.org/olpc-local/i386/ contains the rpm repository for the
XS machines.

To update the repo:

1. throw rpms into /srv/library/mirror/olpc-local/(i386|source/SRPMS) on
xs-dev

2. run as user with write permissions:

createrepo /srv/library/mirror/olpc-local/i386
createrepo /srv/library/mirror/olpc-local/src/
repoview /srv/library/mirror/olpc-local/i386
repoview /srv/library/mirror/olpc-local/src/

Open questions to me:

1. IMO it should be renamed from olpc-local to xs-local or something.

2. should this be a development repo and the real one be move to
dev.laptop.org

3. The createrepo/viewrepo commands should IMO be run every 30min by cron, do
you agree? Or have you done so already? :)

For now I copied the above information to
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Holger/xs-repo

And while thinking were to move that wiki page, I found
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/XS_Software_Repositories and noticed there are two
more repositories for the XS: http://fedora.laptop.org/xs/(stable|
testing)/olpc - which is used to build the liveCDs from
http://xs-dev.laptop.org/xs/ ?

regards,
	Holger