[OLPC Security] A mom's worries

James Newman bootslack at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 17:17:08 EST 2007

Something I think we need to consider is that Betty's letter reveals
that we have not made a clear and convincing public statement of XO's
security.

A lot of the responses on the list reference group knowledge that is
not public knowledge. We need a publicly digestible document
explaining the decisions that have been made. It needs to not be
condescending to Windows users and Television watchers, because they
are the majority of the buy two get one clients.

People who watch a lot of television think that there are pedophiles
wardriving around elementary schools -- it isn't enough to say that
that is inaccurate and unreasonable -- the fear needs to be countered
with facts.

James D. Newman