[OLPC Security] Periodic identity updates

John Kemp john.kemp at mac.com
Thu Feb 22 23:22:22 EST 2007

Ivan Krstić wrote:
> Matt Anderson wrote:
>> I must be confused.  I thought this was a community discussion list where
>> OLPC was requesting feedback.  I didn't see your name on
>> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Our_team but I did notice at the bottom of that
>> page " the most basic being to contribute your ideas and feedback."
>
> Please re-read Simson's message. I've gone out of my way to invite
> feedback; anyone can contribute to the discussion, but attempting to
> push agendas -- in this case, threat models -- that lie beyond the scope
> of the project ("how do you protect laptops the government that bought
> them?") is not helpful and only wastes everyone's time.

I certainly agree that it does not make sense to derail development of
the specification to deal with threat models that are out of scope for
the project.

Perhaps, to avoid future discussion of such out of scope threats, there
should be a section of the specification which details the "non-goals",
or threats which are explicitly out-of-scope?

Regards,

- johnk