[OLPC Security] Periodic identity updates

Matt Anderson mra at malloc.org
Wed Feb 21 12:30:50 EST 2007

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 06:38:39AM -0500, Simson Garfinkel wrote:
> Perhaps the problem is that I'm really not sure what your role is in
> OLPC.  My role is that of a hired consultant who is helping Ivan work
> on the security specification. My goal is to make sure that the
> threats that we have identified are reasonable, and that we have
> reasonable responses to these threats.
>
> What is your role in this project and what is your goal? Are you
> pursuing an ideological agenda for some theoretical role of computers
> in our society, or are you actually working to improve this
> particular security model for this particular project?

I must be confused.  I thought this was a community discussion list where
OLPC was requesting feedback.  I didn't see your name on
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Our_team but I did notice at the bottom of that
page " the most basic being to contribute your ideas and feedback."

Is there some other list for those without offical ties to the OLPC
project to discuss the security framework?  Is the spec finalized and
this list is just for show?

-matt