[OLPC Security] olpc security - wetware issues

Tim Flavin tim.flavin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 11:56:42 EST 2007

On 2/9/07, Antoine van Gelder <hummingbird at hivemind.net> wrote:

> The solution to finding a way to communicating a child's activities to
> his/her parents is:
>
>    Stop what you're doing and _listen_ when your child tells you about
> what they've been doing!

I agree completely.  Whether you live in a mud hut or a mansion, the only
really effective way of protecting your children from pedophiles and other bad
actors is to  have open lines of communications between the parents and
children.  I think that people who live in mud huts do a better job of
this than
people who live in mansions.  The most basic way to do this would be tell the
parents what to look out for when you hand out the laptop.

PS:  Ivan and Simson, this looks great.  I'll have technical comments
after I digest
it a bit more.

Tim Flavin