[OLPC Security] wetware issues - brainstorming

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Fri Feb 9 09:52:00 EST 2007

alien wrote:
> "Stephen John Smoogen" writes:
>> I think that having a movie of some sort that could be stored on the
>> main server that goes over in the native language about various things
>> would be quite useful in helping people (adult and child) what tool
>> they now have there. This would be the first or last line of defense.
>> (depending on how one sees the universe).

That does sound interesting. I'll poke around a bit.

> Also, since the laptops have to check in to a central system
> periodically (right?), perhaps it might be possible to download
> activity logs to a central server so a teacher can review them, and
> provide a summary for the parent.

What activity logs do you have in mind? If we're talking recording
communication exchanges and web browsing habits, well, I'd have been
(was, am) very reluctant to use any such system as a kid.

--
Ivan Krstić | One Laptop per Child | http://laptop.org | GPG: 0x147C722D