[OLPC Security] olpc security - wetware issues

Antoine van Gelder hummingbird at hivemind.net
Fri Feb 9 03:30:07 EST 2007

alien wrote:
> If you can make a hundred dollar laptop, you should be able to find a
> way to communicate a child's activities to its parents.

Yes, certainly this is possible and I do not understand why you are
experiencing so much resistance to your attempts to do something about
the dangers that the Internet poses to our children and community!

The solution is not easy and as a proud parent of two beautiful children
it is a constant effort to maintain this solution but NOTHING is more
important to me than the safety and happiness of these two individuals.

So, let me not keep everyone in suspense.

The solution to finding a way to communicating a child's activities to
his/her parents is:

   Stop what you're doing and _listen_ when your child tells you about
what they've been doing!

  - a