[Rwanda-learningteam] Conference we will attend

David Cavallo cavallo at laptop.org
Fri Jan 15 19:32:51 EST 2010

Part of our job is to do work that is difficult or not especially
desirable. IN this spirit I am asking all of you to submit to a
conference that is particularly relevant to our work.

Unfortunately, it is in Paris which will require travel to a destination
where hardly anyone in the world desires to go. I am asking you to
sacrifice and write and attend this conference.

http://www.aup.edu/news/special_events/constructionism2010.htm

We can submit papers on the work in Rwanda; we should have a workshop on
the XO; and we should perhaps have a panel on what is faced trying to
implement a national-scale technology in education project in Rwanda. I
think the experience of the conference and meeting the other attendees
will be more than worthwhile. I have been to EuroLogo twice before
(albeit in Sofia and Porto) and enjoyed it each time.

The deadline is not far away so start thinking. We can submit papers
jointly so send ideas of what you would want to write about.

Thanks and best wishes,
dc