[Rwanda-learningteam] Holiday training summary

Melissa Henriquez melissa at laptop.org
Tue Apr 27 12:52:31 EDT 2010

Overview: as we said the training went very well. The teachers were
happy to have the opportunity to teach their own students using the
XO. Based on that enthusiasm all schools have asked us to continue
training, this time with the teachers actually teaching using the
laptop. The KIE students were great help, and they are still learning
alot and have all shared significant learning moments with us,which we
have asked them to compile and email to us. The biggest challenge by
far is the large number of unreflashed and broken laptops. We estimate
the number of broken laptops at Nonko & Rwamagana to be around 100 and
at Kagugu around 200. By the end of the week we will have concrete
number sand will reflash all laptops that still havent (this number is
in the hundreds at all schools). RITC says they still have no spare
parts.
Attached please find a short overview from Rwamagana, Kagugu & Nonko

--
Melissa Henriquez
One Laptop Per Child (OLPC)
melissa at laptop.org