[Rwanda-learningteam] ESCAF Event

Julia Reynolds julia at laptop.org
Sat Apr 24 13:50:52 EDT 2010

Hello All,

Because ESCAF parents are hesitant about OLPC because their broken
laptops seemingly disappear in KIST and the laptops purchased were not
being used. Melissa, Jimmy, Desire and I have been working with the
kids from P5 & P6 to create projects about problems in their
communities and ways to solve them/prevent them.

Alexi, the Headmaster wants to hold an event with the Parents
Association and other community members next Sunday to show off the
work of the kids. Not all of the projects will be very advanced,
because we are just starting, but we thought this would also serve as
a good "relaunching" event for the school. If possible I would like to
purchase a small gift for the ~5 students that the Headmaster chooses
to present via projector on that day. Maybe we can do some more OLPC
tshirts?

Once we decided a solid day/time I will let you all know. I think
everyone will be back by then.

-Julia

--
Julia Reynolds