[Repairs] Repairing Keyboard Covers

Luke Faraone luke at faraone.cc
Mon Nov 16 07:56:03 EST 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 00:30, Tim Swast <swast at wisc.edu> wrote:

> My question is if anyone know how one could acquire just the rubber
> piece of the keyboards? It'd be nice to get only the parts that I
> need, rather than spending $20 on a new keyboard.

Unfortunately, OLPC does not provide resellers and repair centers with each
part individually; replacement keyboard boards (as opposed to the rubber)
are not in high demand by themselves.

However, I do think I have a few of the (whole) rubber components from
keyboards with stuck keys. I'll have to check, but I might have 2 or 3
around. If this would be acceptable, I could arrange them to be sent to you
for something reasonable.

Thanks,
Luke Faraone
http://luke.faraone.cc