[Repairs] Repair centers: help us decide part quantities to stock and send

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Fri May 23 09:19:38 EDT 2008

We're almost there...

Kim, Adam, the good folks at Brightstar, and many others are moving
closer towards a long-term spare parts solution (much, *much* closer)
and one of the last things we need to figure out is how much of what
parts to stock for sending to which locations (read: what should we make
available to repair centers?) and where to send broken machines for
spare parts stripping in the meantime (read: repair centers that need
parts - where are you? can we forecast the need a little?)

In order to do that, we'd like to know about what you've been doing with
your repair centers so far.

If you could take 5 minutes to fill out a 7-question survey by next
Friday, May 30, we would love you forever (we do already - our love will
grow). I'll compile and post the results (minus contact information) on
May 31st.

The survey URL is here:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?key=pLRFS4t4wk4dVwTjInokIRg

Most of the information should already be on your repair center wiki
page (you have one, right? ;) Please holler back if you need any help,
have questions, comments, improvements, etc - and pass this on to any
repair center folks not on the list (and tell them to subscribe, please).

Many thanks!

-Mel