[Repairs] Rigol 'scopes for Repair centers?

Nicholas Bodley nbodley at speakeasy.net
Thu Jun 12 22:39:32 EDT 2008

NKC Electronics carries them; also their logic analyzers. See
<http://preview.tinyurl.com/4nskva>
(Preview is a security measure.)

When you get to some detail, they look very nice, indeed.

Tried to download the manual (PDF) for the 25 MHz 'scope, and needed a
username and password.  I think I clicked on Help, or such, and saw some
Chinese!

Company site (they're Chinese):
<http://www.rigolna.com/default.aspx>

Now, the $65,536 question: How good are they? I Googled a bit, and a
rather offhand comment (sample of one) was that it's good for a knockabout
'scope; same person had a couple of Agilents.

Also was reminded that for decent reconstruction, you need several samples
per cycle (of a sine wave). I don't know, but the recommendation was a
sample rate about 10x the upper limit you expect to see -- that would
imply 1 Gsa/s (Gsa?) for seeing up to 100 MHz.
Many years ago, Tek. had a sine interpolator, apparently to try to create
a decent displayed waveform with fewer samples. No idea what it did for
pulses. IIrc, it was user-selectable.

--
Nicholas Bodley
Waltham, Mass.