[Power] [support-gang] External "power bank" for XO's ?

T Gillett tgillett at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 21:48:12 EST 2016

Nathan

I have tried to standardise on 12V powered gear as it really makes it
simple for field work.
SLA batteries and chargers are pretty cheap and readily available.

Like you, I also found trying to work from 5V battery packs with step up to
12V to be problematic.

Thanks for the link, that is a nice board for a solar powered system. It
would be good to find one that does the load cut off at low battery as well.

The unusual sized power connector on the XO is a bit of a problem to find
replacement parts, but they are around.
It is the small centre conductor version (? 1.7mm) that seems hard to find.

I have also found that with age the connectors on the chargers don't make
good contact as the V shaped centre contact spreads apart. But they can be
pushed/bent back into the middle of the connector to extend their life.