[Power] Lightning kills underground Ethernet too; PoE wiring/voltages non-trivial!

Alex Perez aperez at alexperez.com
Sun Jan 24 02:33:02 EST 2016

There are a number of commercially-available lightning surge suppression tools for PoE/Ethernet that are considered best practices in most areas where lightning is common. Members of the Wireless ISP Association (trade group) here in the US may be able to donate a few of these; Barring that, they’re available at retail for less than $50/each, and L-COM may be willing to donate some directly.

http://www.l-com.com/surge-protector-indoor-10-100-1000-base-t-shielded-cat6-lightning-protector-rj45-jacks <http://www.l-com.com/surge-protector-indoor-10-100-1000-base-t-shielded-cat6-lightning-protector-rj45-jacks>