[Power] Suggestions for tasking intern?

George Hunt georgejhunt at gmail.com
Thu May 29 21:23:10 EDT 2014

Hi everyone,

I've got this interesting situation:

   - I have been working on an arduino clone following Scott Ananian's
   example with the xoduino to count coulombs into and out of a lead acid
   battery. (parts cost ~$18)
   - I'm maxed out trying to get the low voltage disconnect, and
   desulfating circuit designed/tested.
   - Adam Holt engaged a young programmer intern, and wants to task him
   with developing a graphical online reporting system for the data that can
   be fed from the arduino to an internet connected XO or school server.
   - I'm trying to survey the online reporting and graphical output open
   source ecosystem. The results of my current search are at
   http://schoolserver.wordpress.com/power/a-battery-tender-for-the-school-server/battery-monitor-summary-and-reporting/

I don't have a very wide experience in area wherein I will be trying to
mentor this intern.  I'm looking for ideas, and perspective on simple, and
effective approaches (doable in 3 months).

I solicit your input.