[Power] best new chargers for XO laptops? $16 on ebay?

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Jan 13 17:44:46 EST 2014

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 10:50:52AM -0500, Adam Holt wrote:
> (Collection plate for volunteers to send a crate of chocolate to
> James Cameron in Australia will be upcoming ;)

No, do not send gifts.  I do not wish to give any appearance of
accepting bribery.  All I have done is my job, which I am contracted
to do.  I would expect to lose my job if I accepted bribes.

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 10:50:52AM -0500, Adam Holt wrote:
> Thanks James for your Always Tremendous Help.  We humbly tried many
> OLPC channels to get these parts ordered since late 2012, but let's
> ignore the past.  I am helping iLoveMyXO.com resubmit their $20,000
> (estimated) order overnight tonight such that the global XO laptop
> community indeed hopefully has an ongoing supply of LCD screens,
> chargers and keyboards (base upper assemblies), for many years to
> come!

This is an example of the kind of response that is not to the point;
using every opportunity for advocacy can corrupt a message, leading a
recipient to think that you believe the advocacy is what carries the
transaction.

In much that you say, I have to sift through this cruft looking for
the meaning, and it is hard work.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/