[Power] best new chargers for XO laptops? $16 on ebay?

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Jan 12 23:05:48 EST 2014

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 10:58:42PM -0500, Adam Holt wrote:
> (*) or original OLPC chargers if inventory or surplus is available?
> The capital is certainly available to make a $10,000 order or
> similar.  But sadly attempts to help iLoveMyXO.com with John
> Watlington over the past year indicates that OLPC's supply chain for
> parts may have largely dried up?

Sorry, but I can't let this public speculation stand, as it is harmful
to OLPC.

No, our supply chain for parts has not dried up.

We're still in production for XO-1.75 and XO-4, and the supply chain
for power adapters seems fine.  We've also done spare parts orders
for deployments in October and November.

The process documentation I have says to contact countries at laptop.org
with your spare parts order.

The brick power adapter used on the XO-1.75 and XO-4 can be used on
any of the XO laptop models, and is the one being used in production,
so specify that.

Don't forget the US power cable.  Matching green.

It should be obvious, but in contacting any business for a quote,
confine your message to the essential details, don't speculate, don't
refer to history, and don't try to justify your order.  Stick to the
transaction, and your message should be more easily processed.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/