[Power] Checking the life battery of XOs batteries deployed after 3 years of usage

Richard Smith richard at laptop.org
Wed May 15 11:36:27 EDT 2013

> Then power the laptop back up and look at the logfile that
> olpc-pwr-log created.  If you are using a new version of the script
> then the 8th column is your net capacity in mAh.  Newer scripts have 9
> columns and the 9th is net time in minutes.

I forgot to include what to do if you don't have an 8th column.  If
you are using a version of the script that is old enough not to have a
net mAh column (8th). Then you can compute the net mAh by subtracting
the starting and stopping values of the ACR register.  The wiki page
info is from when it was reported in raw units but since XO-1.5 the
kernel now reports the value in uAh (micro Ah).  Unless you have a
really, really old build the ACR values should be in uAh. So you can
just take the difference in ACR and then / 1000 to get mAh.

This is all handled for you if you use the newer versions of the script.

--
Richard A. Smith
One Laptop per Child