[Power] [support-gang] solar power design for 5-to-10 XO-1 laptops in Haiti (or elsewhere!)

James Murdza james.murdza at dresden.us
Tue Jul 23 19:42:27 EDT 2013

Thanks all for the outstanding amount of information. I think I will try a
setup like so:

UNISOLAR PVL 136 Watt 24V Panel
->
MPPT Tracer1210RN Solar Charge Controller Regulator 12/24V INPUT 10A
->
12V lead-acid battery. Originally a small UPS battery, but hopefully
getting something more serious when everything else works and the funds are
there.
->
Directly to a bank of 5-10 XO 1s, using a charger squid/bank that I'm
putting together myself.

If I order the charge controller in the next 3 hours I can be sure that I
will get it in time for my trip. Otherwise I'll have to fall back on my 12V
controller. Please let me know—does this plan with the charge controller
seem like a safe bet?

Thanks!