[Power] Good day for a solar panel test

Nicholas independentcommercial at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 03:20:57 EDT 2012

On 7/12/12, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> The extra connectors would add cost, and not every user would need
> them, but every user would need an XO connector.

That's kind of what I was trying to say. Panel to XO connector as
normal and then about 150-300mm behind the connector pre-spliced with
connectors. And then a few extra connectors included to be used as
needed.

> As for me, I generally cut these things and insert my own, like either
> a barrier terminal block or some crimp pair.  I've settled on this one:
>
> http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?area=item&id=P2159
>
> 'cause it lets me change polarity for testing.  ;-}

Yep I guess anyone who's going to be mucking around with connectors
and splicing is going to have ways and means of doing it already.
Those look good and + reusable. I really like the plain Deans
connector knock-offs for anything reasonably permanent. Tried the
Anderson connectors, don't like them at all--pricey too. Even though
the Deans is solder-only (not physical) connector in practical use
it's a nice, compact and secure connector.

Nicholas