[Power] Fwd: solar panels to gaza - any pitfalls?

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Tue Feb 23 13:45:09 EST 2010

On 02/23/2010 01:14 PM, Reuben K. Caron wrote:

> On Feb 23, 2010, at 1:02 PM, Richard Smith wrote:
>
>> 2nd try.. Needs to be power at lists.laptop.org
>> <mailto:power at lists.laptop.org> not power at laptop.org
>> <mailto:power at laptop.org>

http://www.gaisma.com/en/

But thats a 24 hour average so its not going to tell you what the peak
power is.

> The over voltage condition only occurs during heavy solar conditions,
> right? So non-heavy days it works fine?

 From the little data I have right now I would say yes.

> Can you define "heavy solar condition?"

No.  But the site I have the most info from is in Kenya which is
equatorial sun and the other 2 US fail reports were from the Southern US
in the middle of summer.

What country, city in South Africa has the other panels?  That's where
the other fail report is from.

--
Richard A. Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop per Child