[Power] Haiti power questions

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Mon Dec 6 23:49:12 EST 2010

On 12/06/2010 06:58 PM, forster at ozonline.com.au wrote:

> I think I am logging every 100ms or so, each pixel is 12 seconds
> wide,

That's certainly fast enough.

> I think the graph is an accurate representation of what
> happened. I am unable to measure below 0.2A, but even the fastest of
> your plots would be 6 minutes to drop to 0.2A.
 > I do have considerable
> voltage loss with series components and this may be the reason,
> voltage would have risen as the current dropped.
>
> I doubt that the discrepancy between our readings is significant but
> I can repeat with other XO's if necessary.

Its not.  As you can see the 2 numbers are quite close to each other.
The 300 to 400 mAh capacity difference between batteries will be a much
more significant source of difference.

I just mention it for anyone reading this thread who may have perhaps
seen other charts that show a roll off.

--
Richard A. Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop per Child