[Peripherals] projector resolution

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Tue Jan 6 17:56:09 EST 2009

Joshua N Pritikin wrote:

>> The short answer then is nobody knows. You will have runs some tests and
>> see.
>
> There have got to be people in the field who know. The web page
> suggests that some people have tried it.

Hopefully you can find those people and get the info from them.

>> If I were going to test this then I think I would run a VNC server on
>> the XO and then play with different settings on client and see how it
>> looks.
>
> Ugh.

You might also be able to use a normal desktop running in 1200x900 and a
full screen qemu image to get sugar then VNC that over to a client setup
to display 800x600.  VNC (or tightVNC) is going to give you a lot of
control over how aggressive you want your scaling to be.

Another option you can do is to take snapshots of the screen on the XO
and then play with scaling them.  Alt-F1 will take a screen snapshot and
put a 1200x900 PNG into the journal.  You can take a bunch of snapshots
of various screens and then run those png files  though all types of
scaling and see what looks good and what does not.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child