[Peripherals] windmills

Yamandu Ploskonka yamaplos at bolinux.org
Tue May 13 11:19:30 EDT 2008

our windmill in Arequita, Uruguay was on a 20 ft pipe, from the ground,
tied to the side of the house.

The charger probably was once a car dynamo.  The propeler was hand
carved out of wood.  This one eventually broke down and I replaced it
with little success.  I wanted eventually to make a smaller diameter
propeller with more arms so as to have higher speed at same wind force,
but didn't relly put effort into it.

A neighbor had a similar setup, he would charge batteries for a fee.

the electricity came to a relay, and then to the battery.

It took us 4 years of paperwork to get electricity from the power line
that was eventually installed by our farm.

Yama