[Peripherals] Savonius Wind Turbine ideas

info at olpc-peru.info info at olpc-peru.info
Sun May 11 19:36:17 EDT 2008

Hello Ixo,

* copper wire   (I wonder if using insulated wiring would work?)

No.  Copper must be "naked" to get maximum efficiency.

* magnets   (the better the grade, the better electricity..  but I
wonder if hard drive magnets would work?)

Are they different than normal magnets?... if they are like normal
magnets then we can assure that "stronger" the magnet power that they
have then "bigger" electricity that they can generate.

This would be so easily to replicate ,  if these supplies were readily
available... In Peru, how common are these ?

Copper coiled is easily available in many places, there is a lot of
technicians that repair TVs and radios (and small motors).  All of them
know very well how to work with coiled copper and magnets.  Copper is
easily available.  Getting the right magnets is the real problem (as far
as I can see, here, in Peru).

If I can be of any help for your test or energy generating pilots just
let me know.

Best regards

Javier Rodriguez
Lima, Peru