[Peripherals] Alternitive Power for Developing Countries

Joshua Seal josh at laptop.org
Thu May 8 13:49:25 EDT 2008

Arjun,

You right, we should explore every possible solution - otherwise we might
miss something really important. However, being that Peru has a requirement
for power generation right now, it would be good to try and focus on
solutions with a high chance of working and being scalable.

The personal Solar can be cheaper, 5W is $12, but I was basing all my cost
calculations on a 7.5W requirement (maybe not to charge but at least sustain
the laptops)

Nice to see the cows are willing and cheap!

Josh