[Peripherals] [support-gang] Alternitive Power for Developing Countries

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Sun May 4 19:47:07 EDT 2008

Moving discussion to "peripherals" list (please reply to
peripherals at lists.laptop.org - subscription info at

Chris Carrick, one of the staff members for the grassroots office in
Chicago this summer (our resident mechanical engineer & green guy), will
be working on getting many "ideas with prototypes built and tested" as
well as "simple instructions for replicating them made available to
empower the folks to generate their own power." (More of a "here's how
to design your *own* power solutions!" in the end, even more than a
"copy ours!" resource.) So your wish will be granted, Caryl. :)

-Mel