[Openec] RFC: One-Wire-Filesystem (owfs) for charging battery on XO and openec, (long)

Frieder Ferlemann frieder.ferlemann at web.de
Tue Oct 9 07:35:37 EDT 2007

Hi Rafael,

Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero schrieb:
> Hi frieder,
>
> For me is a really good idea, but i dont know if the charging algorithm for
> the NIMH is an issue anymore, because  afaik these batteries are not going
> to be deployed and the LIFe batteries have a really easy charging algorithm,

Sigh. I certainly would have liked to know that earlier.

> something like a voltage threshold..but anyway the scheduler feature  is a
> very good way of collecting data, for both kinds of batteries .

I'm not sure. In most cases I would personally prefer data
that is sampled in equidistant intervals (instead of
precooked/preselected data). Compresses pretty well
(if only the deltas to the previous values are stored)
even if is ASCII data. These files can then be fed into
gnuplot or into a spreadsheet or postprocessed by awk
or the like.
In which context would you want to use the collected data?

Greetings,

Frieder